Mahoosuc Heart & Soul Project Plan
Generally, what do you hope to achieve by going through the Heart & Soul Process?
- To engage community members in discussions about the future of each community and the region encompassed by these four communities through a Heart & Soul planning process;
- To chart these communities’ path to prosperity and growth while both enhancing and using what is important to the fabric of the community and it’s residents;
- To develop a commonly agreed upon future for the communities of Bethel, Greenwood, Newry and Woodstock including the major gateways to these communities;
- Base the vision upon all that matters most to the community as expressed through a story telling process that is ultimately captured in the Community Heart & Soul Statements that will serve as a foundation for future decision making.
- Engage the voices and opinions of a demographically representative base of the community including residents, business owners, for profit and not-for-profit organizations, seasonal visitors, and seasonal property owners. Special emphasis is placed upon those residents most often left out or hard to reach through conventional strategic planning and engagement processes.
- Use the Heart & Soul Statements to develop an Action Plan with agreed upon steps for future short term, medium term, and long term actions;
- Build and retain capacity within the community/communities so that the community’s Heart & Soul including values, visioning, and planning work will be embedded in each community for the long term;
- Establish a new Heart & Soul method of community engagement in the town that incorporates this process and outcomes for the future;
- Other deliverables as outlined by the community/communities.